BATESVILLE – August 19, 2019 – Jeanne Roepcke was named Monday as the August recipient of the “Citizens Bank Above & Beyond Award” for the Batesville School District. Ms. Roepcke is the facilitator for Batesville High School’s EAST program, an acronym for Education Accelerated by Service and Technology, which provides students the opportunity to have relevant, individualized, life-changing educational experiences.
Citizens Bank and the School District recognize a district employee each month for exceptional service to students, parents, their school, peers and the district. The “Citizens Bank Above & Beyond Award” was established in 2012 by Citizens Bank and the school district.
Any School District employee may be nominated for the award by their peers. Recipients are selected from the nomination forms to receive the award, which includes a certificate from the Board, and a $25 gift card and 20-ounce insulated tumbler from Citizens Bank.
Ms. Roepcke’s positive attitude toward the students was frequently mentioned in the award nominations. Some of the direct comments included:
- “Mrs. Roepcke is always available to guide, direct, and support everyone in our building. She is our ‘go to’ person!”
- “She is so kind and problem solver!”
- “Mrs. Roepcke is a team player and a ‘students first’ teacher; she places her school and students’ needs above her own.”
- “She ALWAYS has a positive attitude.”
- “She always helps anytime someone asks and not just things pertaining to EAST!”