PLEASANT PLAINS – June 16, 2015 – Maribeth Nardecchia, a Math Teacher at Midland High School, was named Monday as recipient of the “Citizens Bank Above & Beyond Award” for the Midland School District.
The “Above & Beyond Award” recognizes school staff members for exceptional service to students, parents, their school, peers and the district. Midland School personnel nominated Ms. Nardecchia for the award, which included a certificate from the Board of Education and a $50 gift card from Citizens Bank.
During the presentation at Monday night’s School Board meeting, Midland Superintendent Dewayne Wammack said, “Mrs. Nardecchia has been such a talented and dedicated teacher, she has inspired me to want to be a better superintendent.”
“I want to thank everyone for this recognition,” Mrs. Nardecchia said. “I have enjoyed working in the schools here, and it was a good feeling to know that I was always appreciated.”
The nominations for Ms. Nardecchia consistently mentioned her commitment to education and her dedication to her students. Some typical comments:
- “Mrs. Nardecchia is an amazing teacher who prepares our students for math in college and the real world. She goes above and beyond to help students be successful.”
- “She is always willing to work with students before school, after school, during her lunch, during her prep. She loves kids and she loves school.”
- “Not only has Mrs. Nardecchia provided many hours of after school tutoring to her own math students without compensation, she also provides tutoring to students who have other math teachers. In addition, she willingly provides math help to former students who may be struggling in their college classes.”
- “Because she is taking early retirement due to health reasons, Mrs. Nardecchia has put her heart into teaching our students this year just as she has in years past. We know her passion is to teach, but her heart is what drives her passion.”
- “Mrs. Nardecchia is a role model for other teachers. If you looked up ‘dedication’ in the dictionary, it would say ‘Maribeth’.”
About Citizens Bank
Citizens Bank was founded in 1953 by business and civic leaders to serve the financial needs of middle income families and small businesses. Citizens Bank works to improve the quality of life for all community residents by promoting educational opportunities, economic growth and innovative civic partnerships.
IN THE PHOTO AT THE TOP ARE (from left) Midland Superintendent Dewayne Wammack, Maribeth Nardecchia and Julie Warden, Manager of Citizens Bank's Branch in Pleasant Plains, who presented the “Above & Beyond Award” to Mrs. Nardecchia.