Reservations are now being accepted for the 2020 schedule of monthly activities of the Citizens Bank Travel Club.
“We try every year to top the ambitious calendar of Travel Club events from the previous year,” said Phil Baldwin, Citizens Bank Chief Executive Officer. “We believe we have topped this year’s wonderful 10-day tour of Classic Italy with a spectacular 15-day tour of Greece in 2020!”
The Travel Club’s annual calendar always offers a premium international tour, a prime domestic trip, plus a variety of regional activities each month, including plays, concerts, museums, state parks, historic sites and other attractions.
Reservations can now be made for all events, including the “Discover Greece and Its Islands” tour next May, and a Christmastime visit to New York City in early December 2020.
Space is limited for all Travel Club events, and some activities may sell out quickly. To make reservations now, or to join the Travel Club or obtain more information, contact Chuck Jones at Citizens Bank, (870 698-6233), or email email@example.com.
In Greece, Travel Club members will explore ancient ruins and many important monuments, and spend two days on each of the Mediterranean islands of Mykonos and Santorini. The tour also includes explorations of the capital of Athens, Olympic Stadium, the Acropolis, Temple of Zeus, archeological site of Olympia, ancient artifacts of Delphi and more.
A five-day holiday spotlight on New York City will include the Christmas Spectacular show by the high-kicking Radio City Music Hall Rockettes, a Broadway show, and a harbor cruise to the Statue of Liberty, and a tour of the 9/11 Museum and 9/11 Memorial.
The entire 2020 Citizens Bank Travel Club schedule includes:
- “Ann” – A rousing one-woman show about former Texas Governor Ann Richards, who is played by well-known actress Elizabeth Ashley (Broadway, movies and “Evening Shade” on TV), at the Arkansas Repertory Theatre on January 30.
- “A Sondheim & Webber Celebration” – The Arkansas Symphony Orchestra performs the incredible music of Stephen Sondheim and Andrew Lloyd Webber at Robinson Center in Little Rock on Saturday, February 8.
- “Celtic Angels Ireland” – A joyous celebration of the cherished Irish heritage by energetic young performers through dance, music and song at the University of Central Arkansas on March 16.
- “The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time” – A Tony Award winning drama about a teenager confronting his own limitations as he tries to solve a mystery; at the Arkansas Repertory Theatre on April 9.
- “Discover Greece and Its Islands” – An incredible 15-day adventure to discover the magnificent ruins of ancient Greece on May 3-17.
- “Mount Magazine State Park” – An overnight visit on June 16-17 to Arkansas’ highest point will also include a tour of nearby Subiaco Abbey, an American Benedictine monastery founded in 1878.
- “Come From Away” – A Tony Award winning musical tells the remarkable true story about what happened on 9/11 when 38 planes were forced to land, stranding 7,000 stranded passengers, in a small town in Newfoundland; to be performed at the Orpheum Theatre in Memphis on July 21.
- “Squabbles” – A comedy about the antics that occur to a family after a retired father moves in and then a mother-in-law’s house burns down, and she moves in, too; to be performed on August 23 at Murry’s Dinner Playhouse in Little Rock.
- “Branson & Silver Dollar City Harvest Festival” – A three-night visit to enjoy entertaining musical performances and other attractions on September 17-19.
- “Johnny Cash Heritage Festival” – The festival will conclude on Saturday, October 17, with an afternoon concert in the cotton fields at Dyess; the trip includes a visit Johnny Cash’s boyhood home and a museum dedicated to the famed country music artist.
- “Marlsgate Plantation Luncheon & Tour” – Step into the living history and rich heritage of the American South that is preserved at Marlsgate Plantation, which was built in 1850 at Scott, Ark.; luncheon and tour on November 17.
- “Spotlight on New York City” – Experience the unique holiday spirit during a tour on December 7-11, plus a Broadway show, Rockettes Christmas Spectacular, Fifth Avenue holiday window displays and the Christmas tree at Rockefeller Center.