BATESVILLE – September 19, 2016 – John Hartline, an Environmental Services employee at West Magnet Elementary School, was named Monday as the September recipient of the “Citizens Bank Above & Beyond Award” for the Batesville School District.
With the 2016-2017 academic year, Citizens Bank and the District are celebrating the beginning of the fifth year of the Above & Beyond program, which was created in 2012 to recognize school staff members for exceptional service to students, parents, their school, peers and the district. Anyone employed by the Batesville School District may be nominated by their peers by submitting a nomination form to their school office. Each month’s recipient is selected from the nominations and announced at a Batesville School District Board meeting. The award includes a certificate from the Board of Education, and a $25 gift card and 20-ounce RTIC tumbler from Citizens Bank.
The numerous nominations for “Mr. John” by employees at West Magnet consistently referred to Mr. Hartline as an “extremely hard worker.” Other comments included:
- “Mr. John is a great example of what an employee in a school building should be. He’s always smiling, cheerful, helpful and courteous.”
- “His nickname is Mr. Clean. He is the only man I know who knows how to clean!”
- “He truly gives 110 percent, making sure each task is completed correctly.”
- “When I would work late, he would watch me get my car started so that I would not be alone outside after dark at 9 or 10 p.m.”
- “Mr. John has been a wonderful co-worker. He is always willing to go above and beyond to make our learning environment wonderful.”
About Citizens Bank
Citizens Bank was founded in 1953 by business and civic leaders to serve the financial needs of middle income families and small businesses. Citizens Bank works to improve the quality of life for all community residents by promoting educational opportunities, economic growth and innovative civic partnerships.