Two “Citizens Bank Above & Beyond Awards” were presented Tuesday at the Batesville School Board meeting to Wayne Gibbs of the Maintenance Department and George Earle of the Transportation Department.
Mr. Gibbs was selected as the “Above & Beyond” award recipient for December and Mr. Earle was named the recipient for January.
Citizens Bank and the Batesville School District created the Above & Beyond program in 2012 to recognize school staff members for exceptional service to students, parents, their school, peers and the district. Anyone employed by the Batesville School District may be nominated by their peers. Each month’s award recipient is selected from the nominations and announced at a Batesville School District Board meeting. The award includes a certificate from the Board of Education, and a $25 gift card and 20-ounce insulated tumbler from Citizens Bank.
Numerous nominations for Mr. Gibbs by employees in the Maintenance Department included the following comments:
- “Wayne is very much a team player.”
- “He does his job without complaint.”
- “Wayne works hard and is dedicated to the District.”
- “He tries to please everyone he works with.”
Mr. Earle was one of several nominees from the Transportation Department. Comments from the award nominations included:
- “G.W. works hard and never says a bad word toward anyone.”
- “He would do anything to help his co-workers.”
- “G.W. is kind and never has a bad thing to say. He always does what he is asked to do.”
- “He puts up with the troubled students and never complains. I commend him.”
- “G.W. is a very sweet man and always nice to everyone.”